Sunday, November 1, 2015

Witchy Woman

I get a little tired of dressing up in the same costume for every event during the weeks leading up to Halloween, and my husband gets sick of dressing up at all after one round, so I decided to have a little fun on the 31st this year. I got to spend the evening watching my young nephews gather candy and be just as cute as they could so it was a great night!
Growing up, I obviously dressed up as a witch many times, but I can't recall ever actually being the wicked witch. So here's a little step by step of my take on Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.

1. Prep the face with moisturizer, primer, etc. - whatever you would use for your normal routine.
2. Start with a dark smokey eye. I used a beautiful MAC eyeshadow over a black kohl to make this green shade that fades into a more neutral brown. Make sure to put a little bit of green in the lighter shade by your brows if you do a look like this or it will look a little silly once the rest of your complexion changes color.
3. Cover your face in green. I used Army Green creme color by Ben Nye because I know I love their products. I started with a sponge and evened out the skin tone with a foundation brush.

4. Contour, highlight, and add blush. Just because you're green doesn't mean you can't have a little more color in there too! This is really when it starts coming together.


5. Add extras like long black lashes (I love these ones because they actually have a little bit of green in them, too), black or deep red lipstick, and your costume.


I had such a blast creating this makeup and am sure I'll revisit it in years to come!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment