Tuesday, October 27, 2015

When Black Cats Prowl and Pumpkins Gleam...

My husband and I are lucky enough to go to an extremely fun Halloween party hosted by his cousin every year. The costumes are always really intense so we have to be sure to put on our A-game for it. This year he won the prize for Scariest Costume (2 years in a row, thank you very much). Last year we were a skeleton couple, and I loved it so much that you get to see another picture of it below.
This year we decided to dress up as an angel and demon. I wish I could say that I made his horns from my own latex, but I was a slacker and ordered them. I used mostly Ben Nye products for his makeup. I was introduced to Ben Nye during a stage makeup course, and have loved it ever since. It is amazing at lasting all night, which is exactly what you need on Halloween! A great little detail that I loved was some Decay tooth color by Ben Nye for his teeth. They looked utterly disgusting. I unfortunately didn't get many good quality pictures of our faces close up, but I used golds and purples around my eyes and made sure to highlight excessively and top everything off with oodles of glitter for myself. If you know me, you know that eyelashes are one of my favorite things, and these white lashes made me so giddy to wear.
... May luck be yours this Halloween!
2014 Halloween costumes - winners of Scariest Costume
2014 Halloween costume - winner of Scariest Costume
2014 Halloween costumes - winners of Scariest Costume





Bryan's costume - winner of 2015 Scariest Costume




No comments:

Post a Comment